Friday, August 30, 2013

School Is Back In Session!


Senior year of college has officially started. This semester will be full of stress, as I not only attend classes but also attempt to begin networking for the ever crucial post-grad job interviews. This is super stressful because I am not the most out going person in the world and also let's just say my resume isn't super full.

  • First day of Senior year!

So in order to stay positive and focused this semester, I have decided to set goals! (My mother would be so proud!) also I know if I write them down, I'll be more likely to stick to them.

Five goals for fall semester:
1. To discover a passion for my future career.
I am a Real Estate and Finance double major at my university. While both topics I find thoroughly interesting, I haven't found my niche within them yet. I want to be passionate about what I plan on doing for a good portion of my life.

2. To increase my daily quiet time.
With the chaos of school and future decisions looming, I will need more than ever to rely on my Lord for guidance. I know somedays it will be difficult to allot extra time towards the study of the Bible. However, I know it will pay off exponentially in my stress levels and peace with how everything turns out.

3. To become fluent in Spanish.
I took four years of Spanish in high school and I love the language and culture. I would really like to begin speaking Spanish again so as to improve my fluency. The goal would be completely fluent but I would be happy with fluent conversationally.

4. To run 2 5ks.
I'm not the biggest fan of running most days. But I know that running drastically helps maintain the stress. Well exercise in general. I want to keep exercising throughout the semester. I just need to find a running buddy for these future 5ks! Any takers?

5. To not be so easily influenced by others opinions.
Let me clarify, I don't mean others opinions of me. I feel I have a fairly high sense of self esteem. I'm not very concerned with how people perceive me. I have noticed lately that if someone says "oh so and so is a really awful professor...." That I am more inclined to see their point of view instead of making my own opinion. I don't like to let other people's prejudices affect my own. And that's been happening lately.

So here are my goals. I wrote them down for accountability. I will need some assistance to keep these, I'm sure. Good thing I have wonderful friends to support me.

I wish everyone a great day!
Let the adventures begin!

1 comment: